This here is a test event entry
Join NEF alongside Kate Bell, Jamie Driscoll and Emma Revie to discuss what the government's winter plan should look like
As we head towards Christmas we find ourselves once again in a national lockdown. Despite the furlough scheme being extended until spring, many are still worried about how they will feed their families, heat their homes and whether they will still have jobs to return to in the new year.
Recently the government has shown willingness to strengthen support schemes. But it must now go further to prevent millions from facing intolerable hardship this winter, and to set us on course for a better future. What policies should be implemented now to protect jobs, incomes and communities? What can we all do to rally around this agenda and win lasting change?
Join NEF for another New Economics Briefing in our mini-series about what a recovery from coronavirus could look like, featuring:
- Miatta Fahnbulleh, CEO, NEF
- Alfie Stirling, Director of Research and Chief Economist, NEF
- Emma Revie, CEO, Trussell Trust
- Kate Bell, Head of Rights, International, Social and Economics, TUC
- Jamie Driscoll, Metro Mayor of North of Tyne