Most land sold will have no social housing
09 January 2018
Nationally, 59 sites have been reported sold by the NHS as part of the Government’s public land sale programme. 80% of the homes being built on NHS land are for market sale, the vast majority of which are out of reach for NHS key workers. The other 20% of proposed houses are classified as ‘affordable’ but only half of these are for genuinely affordable social rent. See full story.
Housing & land
Sign up and receive updates on how you can take action over land sales in your area.
If you back a recovery plan based around great public services, protecting the planet and reducing inequality, please support NEF to build back better.
Preventing collapse in sectors hardest hit by Covid-19
Christian Jaccarini, Emmet Kiberd, Lydia Prieg
30 June 2021
With eight months until the COP climate summit, cutting our only major green stimulus policy doesn’t exactly scream ‘climate leadership’.
31 March 2021
Analysing options for systemic change to transform the world’s economic and financial systems after the pandemic
Chaitanya Kumar, Andrew Pendleton, Jonathan Barth, Lucas Coscieme, Andreas Dimmelmeier, Katherine Trebeck, Sarah Mewes, Isabel Nuesse
11 January 2021
We will need much more social housing in the economic fallout of the pandemic. This is a good place to start.
25 November 2020