Reshaping Finance: A road map for net zero and levelling up
How can we reshape finance and harness its benefits to catalyse a net zero transition for families and communities across the UK?
Watch our online event, featuring:
- Joseph Stiglitz: Nobel Laureate in economics, University Professor at Columbia University, Chief Economist at the Roosevelt Institute
- Miatta Fahnbulleh: CEO, New Economic Foundation
- Kevin Hollinrake: Conservative MP for Thirsk and Malton
- Frank van Lerven: Senior Economist and Programme Lead Macroeconomics, NEF
- Rushanara Ali: Labour MP for Bethnal Green and Bow
- Eric Lonergan: Macro Hedge-fund Manager, MandG Investments
The UK has undertaken a number of initiatives towards reshaping finance, across regulatory, fiscal and monetary policies. Thanks to the leadership of the Bank of England and various UK government institutions, finance is more engaged than ever before on climate action and supporting the government’s levelling up agenda. The challenge now is moving from ‘engagement’ towards genuinely ‘shifting capital allocation’.
In the wake of the Covid pandemic and the biggest peacetime recession on record, there is a unique opportunity to seize this challenge and harness the power of finance to begin sowing the seeds of a more resilient, green and socially just economic recovery. The question is, what does the roadmap to this better future look like?
Join the New Economics Foundation for a rich discussion on how we can reshape finance to support a green transition and the government’s levelling up agenda.
Receive invites to future events
Join our mailing list to receive updates on NEF's work, including details of future events.Sign up